Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Minimalism


"Use of the fewest and barest essentials or elements, as in the arts, literature, or design."

My current knit time is dedicated to finishing the Minimalist Cardigan from the Fall 2007 Interweave Knits. I am liking this pattern. I have finished the back and both the fronts so I am on the home stretch when I cast on for the first sleeve, hopefully tonight. The sweater is knit in moss stitch with with a rolled edge neckband in stockinette that goes down the front. I have actually enjoyed working the moss stitch. I was afraid it would knit up slow and tedious,
but it hasn't been bad at all. The yarn is Berroco Ultra Alpaca which is great. It knits up very nice and is a good price at around $8.50 for 215 yds. This is my first experience with it and I will be looking for more patterns to use with it.

No comments: